Thursday 20 August 2015

Wrap up on sewing projects so far (part 2)

So, part 2 on my recap of the sewing projects that I've done up until now.

Dressmaking Course - Crafts Bee in Beckenham

Made this rather snazzy dress. Unfortunately it's absolutely huge on me because I'm quite large chested and the course was only how to make a dress, not how to make one that fits you properly!  The waist really needs some taking in, but hopefully I should be able to take it in soon so it fits.

Cat bed for Newt
I had some extra material from a beanbag project that I'm working on (post to come later when I actually finish it, soon hopefully!)
I cut out a couple of ovals, and a couple of inch wide strip that went round the circumference of the ovals, sewed them together and filled with beanbag beans.

Even fitted my first zip without any assistance!

My cat, Newt seemed really quite pleased with her new bed  :)

With any luck, my next post should be a proper one, as I should be nearly finished with the beanbag.  Fingers crossed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment