Monday 14 September 2015

Organising Patterns

Anyone that knows me knows that I love organising things.  A trip to a stationary store is a bit of a treat for me and I'm quite partial to a label maker.  So with all the new sewing stuff that I've been getting, I felt that a bit of organising was in store.  I've found that Really Useful boxes are in fact really really useful and they're a new addiction of mine.  But I was looking for a way to organise my patterns.  A small pile of them was forming in my sewing room, and Newt was getting inquisitive, so a slightly more sturdy solution was needed.  I had a bit of a think and figured that some A5 clear plastic pockets would do the trick.  They mostly come in landscape, but I managed to find some portrait ones on eBay and they were pretty cheap.

They arrived this morning, so I put one pattern into each, and labelled each one so they're easy to find.  I was looking for a box to put them all in and found that the empty Lego Wall.E box (I went nuts at the weekend in Legoland and bought a ton of stuff) was the perfect fit.  I plan to cover it with my usual sewing room fabric so that it matches.  I now have about 20 pockets to fill with new patterns, so I'd best go shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment