Saturday 23 January 2016

Bit of a catchup - Skull Dress went to Vegas and Maker's Workbook

So, it's been a while since my last post, but trust me, I have been sewing!  I went off to Vegas with my skull dress, and I wore it when I went to see Penn & Teller.  They have a thing where they go out into the lobby after and you can meet them if you hang around.  So my dress met Penn & Teller!


That was pretty damn cool!

So after coming home and feeling terribly sad that I was no longer in Vegas, England was cold and I was in no mood to go back to work.  But I got an email that cheered me up somewhat.  I get emails from the guys that sell Swedish Tracing Paper, and they said that they had a new product coming up.  the Maker's Workbook.  It looked divine! You can find full details here http://www.makersworkbook.com

I've tinkered with my own notebooks since starting sewing, and they've never really panned out.  They were just blank notebooks and I never really knew where to start.  So I figured that I'd invest in this and see where it took me.  I was delighted when it arrived as it's beautifully crafted.  The information that it prompts is also incredibly useful.  I can see me referring back to this in future when I repeat patterns.

One thing I really love is that the fabric swatch area changes on each page.  Its annoying when they're in the same area every page, as then there's an annoying bulge in one area of the book.  When they're in different spots, it evens it out a little.  Good thinking guys!

I think instead of rambling on, a few pictures of how I've used it so far will suffice.


No comments:

Post a Comment