Saturday 5 March 2016

A quick mention for Sewing Kit HD

I don't know about you, but I'm forever searching for the perfect app that is going to revolutionise my life.  I think I've found the app to organise the sewing part of my life.  And it does pretty much everything.

Organising and logging:
Patterns
Fabrics
Threads
Books
Projects

Loads of stuff!!  It took me a while to get all the data in there but it's been super helpful.  I went to the Knitting and Sewing show at Kensington Olympia on Thursday and partway through a pattern buying frenzy, I wondered if I already owned one of them.  Pulled out my phone, typed in the pattern number and it came up that I didn't have it.  Bingo.  I'll never accidentally buy two of anything ever again!!

And you know how annoying it is when you leave a project for a while and you forget what thread you were using?  Yeah it cheeses me off too.  But with this, you can add fabrics, threads, patterns, etc. to a project and you'll know I'm future what you used.

It's really pretty cool

Look for Sewing Kit HD on your phone App Store



2 comments:

  1. Hello Hayley! The app sounds great, I downloaded it right away - but how did you manage to add pattern companies? Mine only shows up the big ones... thanks for your help, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie :) apologies for the delay in replying, I started a new job on Monday, so the last few weeks have been manic!

    Anyhoo, you can add and manage companies by tapping the magnifying glass in the top right corner. This gives you a list of all the options.
    If you then tap the + button, you can add more.
    So tap on the "tap to change" button, and it'll give you a scroll list of all the things you can add. Select "pattern companies", enter the pattern company in the text box and tap "save"

    Job done! :)

    If there are any you want to delete, you can just swipe left and you'll get the delete button come up.

    Hope that helps :)
    Hayley

    ReplyDelete